You will need to visit the local service center and ask for the replacement. the blue lines went away but when i move the screen i let random things happening. And after inspecting it, what actions can be taken to fix it up. By performing the above two actions, I’m confident that the software-related vertical blue line issue will get solved. Many Windows users are complaining about vertical blue lines appearing out of nowhere on their laptop or PC screens. Relax, we’ve got you covered. i am not quite sure it is the panel that is the problem which really sucks because the laptop is only about 1 or one and a half years old and my grandma bought it for me. but the lines and discolouring is worse and it's not going back to normal. Step 5: Select Search automatically for updated driver software. Since the introduction of Windows 10 in 2015, Microsoft has adopted a six-month release cycle for major OS updates. The best way to make sure it’s not a hardware issue is to enter BIOS settings. blue lines on laptop screen It has been a while since anyone has replied. If it’s Windows bug, then the blue line will appear on the captured screenshot too. Switch on the laptop and keep pressing down F2 key or the respective keys shown on the screen when the system boots. Ask the community. Parth previously worked at EOTO.tech covering tech news. i did unplug and replug the display cable but to no effect and i have a second monitor plugged in right now with no problems that i can see. It can be because of many things. After using Windows-based systems for nearly a decade, my run-ins with several issues have made me rethink about my OS preferences. If it doesn't, it's a panel fault. Place one thumb on the left side and place the other one on a little bit of the right side and then press the thumbs of the screen. Install every new update available for your laptop and then reboot it to see if the lines have disappeared or not. It did work for me But every time you restart or run out of charge it comes back. The image below shows a blue line appearing randomly on my HP Spectre x360. If you try this method get ready to Press Underneath The Screen A lot. Make sure you have connected the power cable 3. How to fix vertical line on laptop screen. Lenovo Z710 blue line on screen 2014-08-27, 15:22 PM On my laptop recently appeared a thin vertical blue line at startup that then disappears when Windows runs. As you may know, a screenshot captures whatever visuals are displaying on the screen at a time. You Could try Pressing Underneath The Screen, On the Black Part. This should work on any tn type pannel. Reliability is one of the reasons why professionals opt for macOS over Windows. Hit Windows+Print Screen keys to take a screenshot. Due to the continuous opening/closing incidents, the cable might get lost over time and needs re-positioning. i plan to purchase a new panel some time soon. Shut down the computer. Fluid leakage. If this is the case then you may need to request an RMA. i will look into the display connection an report back but i think the panel itself is damaged. All of those you can check before you actually buy a monitor and it’s smooth sailing from there. They can move or make the the line disapear by applying pressure to the screen. Step 6: Wait for it to search online for drivers. At first the lines only appeared in the game which made me think it might have something to do with my graphics card, … A vertical line appeared on the screen after about two hours of use. Once you're in the BIOS, you should be able to verify if the line is visible there or not. On the screen, you’ll see which key you have to press to enter the BIOS. Possibly the most recognisable reason is because presence of dead pixels in your screen. To enter BIOS, follow these steps: 1. And if it doesn’t work then you will need to buy the new display cable for your laptop and replace the old one by following the same guide. Step 1: On your keyboard, press Windows key + R shortcut to launch the Run dialog box. He is currently freelancing at Guiding Tech writing about apps comparison, tutorials, software tips and tricks and diving deep into iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows platforms. Download Now So just recently there has been vertical pink lines running through my laptop screen. Instant computer, just add a screen! In the example above, the HP Spectre was suffering from a hardware problem, and I ended up paying for the entire LCD screen. Read the post below on how to solve it with ease. To fix the blue lines, you will need to update Windows software either from settings menu (Intel Driver updates now comes ties with OS maintenance releases). once we got to the other class room i thought my web browser was being stupid but once i closed it out and they stayed i was very concerned. I am going to look into it more before i go out and purchase anything. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. we were in one class room and has to move and i did not have the blue lines before the move. Alternatively, you can manually check and update the drives from the device manager. You must press this key combination before the gray screen … Vertical lines tend to be a more common issue in notebooks, primarily because they are subjected to more wear and tear on a daily basis than a desktop LCD. Last updated on 15 Feb, 2019 None of the above and it happened itself. Hi, i need MAJOR advice. Open settings app (hit Windows Key + I or use notification bar), head to updates and security and check for new updates. Turn on the computer. The most common cause of these lines is simply a loose connection. If the line appears on an external monitor, it's a vidoe chip/card fault. Answered March 13, 2019. You can follow the guide here to remove and attach the same cable with a little caution. This could also be indicator of an issue with the panel of the display. That's why the updates from hardware component makers take a while to get the WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) certified. Blue Line on my screen. i dont believe i did anything to the laptop while transporting it but it still sucks cause i might have to get a new panel. i am starting to sonder if the cable is the problem. You can also solve calculus equations on OneNote. Head to File manager > Pictures and find the relevant screenshot in the folder. I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 with what started to be just an annoying little vertical blue line running from top to bottom just left of center of my screen. Simply ask a new question if you would like to start the discussion again. Vertical red lines usually indicate an issue with your driver or other software. The only thing you’ll be concerned with is the color profile that a monitor supports, its resolution, and the screen size. well i disconnected and reconnected the cable for the display and i checked the cable it self or as much as i could but sadly to no effect it made. To fix the vertical blue lines, you need to find the root cause of it. BIOS is free of the Operating System and as a result, it can be helpful in such tasks. If the issue is with your Computer or a Laptop you should try using Restoro which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. i really dont want to have to purchase a new panel for my laptop because i am saving my money for other things in life. I've disconnected the cable from the screen and reconnected it but there is no change. A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here, Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here. Thi… I left it on while I was sleeping and when I woke up in the morning, it already has these pink lines (when on white background) or green lines (when on black background). Step 7: Once it is installed, you will be asked to restart your PC. Fix: Vertical Lines on Laptop Screen. On My MacBook Pro 13’ I do have a faint blue line on my screen. Now it has got so bad that I have to hold the screen firmly with a more than slight twist to the screen to get a picture. I've seen that many laptops have this problem because of a bad connection. By using this site, you accept the, Simply ask a new question if you would like to start the discussion again, http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00033108, http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01684768. Computer screen is tinted blue, display color calibration won't work.... (display issue) After drawing some art in Photoshop, I transferred it to my phone (iPhone 6) to post on social media. Downloading the latest drivers directly from the respective graphics chip or card maker might not result in a stable performance after installing them. Step 3: In the device manager, click on side arrow to expand Display adapters. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4. First, one needs to know whether it's software related or hardware breakdown. First, the blue lines might be appearing due to a loose display cable. Exactly the left half of my screen is covered in blue and purple vertical lines, so much that I can't see anything on that side of the monitor. That's when I noticed that what used to look periwinkle on my pc screen looked more lavender on my phone. First, the blue lines might be appearing due to a loose display cable. Turn on the system while holding the D key, release the key when you see colors on the screen The screen will come on and cycle through the colors Red, Green, Blue, White and Black. Laptop Screen shows Pink/Green Horizontal Lines at the bottom. The screen froze (no blue screen of death) and there were blue vertical lines all over the screen. Please run the LCD BIST (Built in Self-Test) on the laptop to check if there is any problem with the LCD screen. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. The content remains unbiased and authentic. Step 2: Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. In this post, I'll talk about one of the infamous Windows bugs that carry a potential of ruining your experience on a shiny new laptop. If you’ve been using a monitor for a while and are suddenly seeing lines on the screen, you likely have a hardware problem. Hold the letter on your keyboard and then turn on your computer. Now follow the second option to confirm your findings. 1. most likely what happened is that when i put it in my bag or when i sat it down it put some unneeded pressure on the screen at just the right spot to cause the panel to become damaged. This will stay for a few seconds, pay attention to screen to check if the distortion is present during the test. I guess I'd like to add myself to the list of unhappy Dell customers. You will see four colors (grey, red, green, and blue) on the screen in a sequence. These lines can be caused by normal LCD failures brought on by a multitude of variables, which I'll try to cover here. Let’s say you have followed the above advice and the issue persists then my friend you are in some bad luck. Next up: You might have experienced another Windows bug where the OS update is stuck. † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. Didn't find what you were looking for? Microsoft has added blue light filter option in Windows 10 operating system. sadly doing a reset is not an option as i can not be bothered with reinstalling and reconfiguring my laptop. Before the system starts booting, you’ll see a screen. The cable that connects the screen to the base of the laptop and runs through the rotating hinge. Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen in Graphic Cards While playing Star Trek Online the other day, red lines began appearing on the screen. Follow the guide step by step, identify the root cause of the problem, and take the steps needed to solve the bugs. Follow the steps below to perform the action. Just press on the LCD screen with your both the thumbs on two different places. I have no idea how did this happen. Now, when I start up the PC, it comes up with the regular black screen (displaying the logo of Dell) but with vertical blue lines over it. at least it is not the entire screen and that the laptop is still 100% usable. You can find solutions for troubleshooting most problems on the web. Purchasing a new cable is no problem but changing the cable out is going to be the problem as i have a chance of breaking the display panel. You can determine whether its software related or hardware issue in couple of ways. If it’s a hardware issue, then the vertical blue line will be visible. something has happened to the screen on my laptop. The above article may contain affiliate links which help support Guiding Tech. Damage. If possible, attempt to check if your video card is having issues or … If there are vertical or horizontal lines on the screen it could mean that the refresh rate on your display needs to be changed. Try both options to make sure what exactly you are dealing with. Close the window and restart the computer. thank you for the info. That’s the general idea of the ultra-portable PC Compute Sticks, but it can be hard to know which one you want. You can download Restoro by clicking the Download button below. Step 4: Right-click your graphics card device and select Update driver. It's aged. The right side is perfectly fine and the display works great onxternal monitors. When I move the screen a certain way (sometimes) it goes back to normal. Laptop’s LCD display is corrupt now and it will need a replacement which might be heavy on your wallet considering the device model. Right-click on the desktop, choose the "Screen Resolution" option, set the resolution drop menu to … The cable that connects the screen to the base of the laptop and runs through the rotating hinge… Step 3: Boot the computer into the Bios screen and check if the screen has vertical line. Since BIOS is not a part of your operating system it is also not a part of your computer software. We have already seen Surface devices plugging with issues due to Intel drivers. MOSISO 20-22 inch Computer Blue Light Blocking Screen Protector Anti-UV Eye Protection Filter Film for Diagonal 20,21.5,22 inch 16:9 Widescreen Desktop PC LED Monitor Panel(19.29 x 12.48 inch/L x W) 4.3 out of 5 stars 280 Restart your computer. i decided to reboot my laptop and they were there while the laptop was booting. If you can see the vertical blue line in the screenshot, then its software related otherwise its hardware breakdown. In the image above, you can see that there is no blue line appearing on the screenshot, which leads us to believe that the issue may be related to hardware. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. This method is safe for it fetches only the WHQL certified drivers only. However, a few particular ones usually end up with suggestions to replace hardware or the laptop. 2. N5Y68U1#ABA is the full model number. However, it does not affect our editorial integrity. Testing and External Display If you are experiencing a completely blue or light blue screen with no text or error message, your computer may have a bad video card or monitor, resulting in only seeing a blue screen. To initiate LCD BIST: Connect the AC adapter to your computer. Click here to see our Windows articles page, How To Solve Stuck Windows Update in Windows 10, What Is Programmable Taskbar in Windows 10 and How to Disable It, Where Are Bluetooth Settings in Windows 10 and How to Use Them. BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is the program a personal computer’s microprocessor uses to get the computer system started after you turn it on. I couldn’t agree more. Turn off your computer 2. I would still suggest you take a helping hand from an expert as in process you might damage other parts of the device. Turn on your notebook, as it is starting press the F10 button repeatedly Once you are in the BIOS, if the screen has vertical line, it is likely a hardware failure. ok something weird is now happening. This will fix the lines on laptop. This is the easiest way to find the origin of the problem. This feature was added to give your eyes a relief from strain. I, too, am having problems with my 9200 LCD. can i get the part number for the panel if i need to purchase a new one? © 2020 Guiding Media Pvt Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Most of the Windows bugs are tied with the outdated drivers that don't work well with the latest Windows version. Now that’s a tricky one and requires some tools as well as expertise to solve it. The line on the Envy 34 is about 15mm right of center and is unaffected by pressure. Unfortunately, single-line faults cannot be repaired - the panel will need to be replaced.