After your hair fully dries, take some light oil in your palms and scrunch out the hard gel cast and fluff your roots for more volume. Take the t-shirt and wrap your hair inside as shown in the video. Wash Your Hair. Yes, to all of this. I have pretty wavy hair and I’d love to try the CG method for it, but all the other posts I’d seen were very confusing. I first heard about the Curly Girl Method years ago, but I never considered it an option for my in-between, wavy hair. Mousse Vs Gel For Curly or Wavy Hair | Curly Girl Method. 350), Vilvah Goatmilk Shampoo (Rs. For more volume, I’d recommend diffusing your waves but air-drying also works! Lightly oil your waves with a light oil like Jojoba, almond or argan oil. Lightweight, non-drying polymers enable this foam to plump up limp areas and give body to fine, delicate curl patterns. Hey, I’m really new to CG method and have been reading things which literally made my head spin and you just simplied everything. My hair takes a while to dry and I’m thinking that would save me some time getting ready, Some girls do so you can def try! Also helps lift up roots if you suffer from a flat crown. most are but only the masque has decent slip I’m afraid. "Your curl type is determined by the shape of the follicle that your hair grows out of … I’m assuming you don’t have PCOD, thyroid or any hormonal imbalance as that also causes hair fall. For more on the Curly Girl Method, check out these posts: The Curly Girl Method 101, How to Start the Curly Girl Method, My Curly Hair Journey, My Curly Hair Routine. Psst – Wavy hair gets oilier faster and product build-up happens faster than for curlier hair, which means you should clarify your waves at least once a month to keep that bounce and shine! (Psst- You can learn more about Natural Hair Types and also learn what type of hair you have. Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Frizz Free Curl Mousse, Original Moxie Pop Life Volumizing Mousse, Design Essentials Natural Curl Enhancing Mousse, Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse, Alex Anthony Curl System Hydrating Curl Mousse, Eden Bodyworks Citrus Fusion Styling Mousse, OGX Locking and Coconut Curls Decadent Creamy Mousse. ive listed some good beginner friendly brands here- https://thecuriousjalebi.com/2017/05/17/pocket-friendly-curly-hair-products-beginners-india/ With plant-based UV protection and cell-rejuvenating, antioxidant ingredients, your hair will stay vibrant and healthy, while looking its best. Specially Mane. Some need a hard hold gel after a leave in conditioner. Note that the Curly Girl Method can also be used on straight hair and color-treated hair. Thank you so much Pallavi this is so helpful for us wavies. My locks from the end don’t look that bad but my mane looks horrible with small small hair frizz standing.. Are they CG Friendly? What Is It– This is a thicker, more richer product that you leave in your hair until you wash again. Apply a leave in conditioner in spray form or a mousse. … Just smooth on the product on your hair, like how it’s done in the video below. 1950- Use my code CURIOUS10 for discount), What Is It– This will create a harder cast around your clumps and will hold up against humidity better. I can feel no strength in my hair that they can hold themselves together..But just after wash they become horribly frizzy like I start thinking why I gave them even a touch of water. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. But the Curly Girl Method is not just for big curly hair, it is absolutely also for those with fine wavy textures. or after does the routine change each week ? Start simple. I am new to curly girl! By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to my use of cookies. Keep it like that for 3-5 minutes as this helps the waves to shrink and look more defined. It couldn’t be easier using gel to get beautifully soft and bouncy curls if you’re following the Curly Girl Method. SOme people follow up with just gel after Squish to condish! Day 3- Repeat Gels helps the definition to last longer and becomes another barrier against frizz. Mousse is a versatile styling product. I am a little confused… if i do “squish to condish” method, do i need to apply leave in afterward as well? Unfortunately, most wavies have to put in a lot of … Shampoo and conditioner, honestly try any in your budget, all are good. Dryer and thicker curlies like myself like to layer mousse under gel on wet hair to help define our looser patterns. Whether you’re wanting to breathe new life into your afro or get the best out of your curly hair, the Curly Girl Method can be applied to pretty much all hair-types. DON’T use your fingers to rake in or comb after applying anything now, it will break your clumps. *** Hard to tell in the video but I apply my gel & mousse to soaking wet hair**** In this video I show you guys my every day "on-the-go" curly hair routine. Wavy hair gets flatter faster. And I’m overwhelmed by the product choices. Tell us in the comments! It defines, smooths, volumizes, and hydrates, all while looking like you have absolutely nothing in your hair … Is it important to apply a curl cream/gel on Day 2 refresh day ? Try DIY Flaxseed gel as an alternative. If you find you need to wash your hair too often, instead of a CG Friendly shampoo, choose a Cg Friendly ‘Cleansing Conditioner’. Use Pantene lively clean (Rs. The Curly Girl Method, also known as CGM, is a special new hair care routine based on using a series of natural products and specifically designed to take care of curly hair keeping the curls defined and well hydrated. Thank you for the very informative post. I seem to have severe hairfall. And if you're looking for alcohol-free gels, check out this article! You can skip a leave in conditioner if you have done Squish to Condish. 599 – Use my code CURIOUSARATA for 20% discount for orders equal or above Rs.999),  Bounce Curl Light Creme Gel (Rs. Also sometimes called as styling milk, lotion etc. You’re here because you want to learn how to start CG Method on your wavy hair. *Please note that not every product on this list is no-poo or CG method approved. , A post shared by Lorraine Massey (@curlyworldllc). Now my hair grows at a faster rate and it is much longer, shinier and overall healthier. Deep Condition. Examples – Arata Hair Cream (Rs.599 – Use my code CURIOUSARATA for 20% OFF on orders above Rs.999) or Cantu Curl Activator (Rs. Everything is created for curly hair so it was so refreshing to read something specifically for wavier hair! Mousse for Wavy & Curly Hair in India (Boosting Volume) Mousses are airy, foamy styling products that help in boosting volume and giving soft definition. But you can experiment! This method was first made popular in December 2001, when hairstylist Lorraine Massey released her hair-care guide, Curly Girl: The Handbook. Ashba Botanics Leave in Conditioner (Rs. Some wavies LOVE a curl cream or a custard to help clump their waves. I know that the official term is the “Curly Girl Method” – however, if there’s one thing I learned is that wavies need to treat their routine a little differently than our super curly-haired sisters. Conditioning, while apply gel or cream or deep cond mask… all thru the time. In this routine, you stop using any product that has harsh drying sulphates, silicones, drying alcohols, mineral oil, wax and more because these ingredients over time, build up on your hair leading to dryness and frizz. Hi Pallavi. Try a little leave in or curl cream and see if it makes any diffference. A good conditioner will also help. You can read more about deep conditioning in this post. By submitting above, you agree to my Privacy Policy. Curly girl method on a budget. The Curly Girl Method is a set of guidelines for styling curly and … Sign up for our newsletter to get more tips and tricks. I want permanent resolution. We hope you try some of our recommendations and let us know what you think about them in the comments area below. With the soaking water, I scrunch all over, making sure my hair is off my scalp. Examples – As I Am Cowash,  Camille Rose Naturals – Caramel Co Wash  (Use my code CURIOUSJALEBI for a discount!). If you find developing a cold or headaches, then avoid. Hi! It's called Aussie opposites attract strong hold mousse. I used to apply Sulphates n Silicones (Matrix Opti Care shampoo, conditioner, Schwazkorpf Spa Creme etc.). What Is It– This is lighter than a leave in conditioner and often used WITH another styler. Welcome to The Curious Jalebi! I’d suggest DIY FSG or even set wet gel over aloe gel. Trust me, if you have curly hair, mousse should be your new holy grail product. Hi Pallavi. Watch the video to learn how. Thanks! Just try to deep condition once a week and use a leave in conditioning spray or a mousse at max for the frizz. You’ll hear a very satisfying squelch. If you find your waves get weighed down by deep conditioning, do it first and THEN shampoo your hair! Original Moxie Pop Life Volumizing Mousse. It will be difficult to retain shape – and that’s okay! My hair has thinned at the crown and it frizzes up completely on drying. Read more about this here. I’m in real need of someone who can tell me what to do with my hair. (How long you go without washing completely depends on your hair type, the humidity, how physically active you are during the day etc) It needs to be modified according to your texture, thickness, porosity, length. If you can’t find any of those shampoos, I found this beautiful brand, ODX, which has no sulfates or silicones or anything nasty like that (I checked). It's Curly Girl Method-approved (as are most of these gels on this list), safe for low-porosity hair, and under $10. What Is It– A custard is a mix of leave in conditioner/curl cream and gel and is called as a one and done product. Learn how your comment data is processed. Complete hair texture is changed and hair are so brittle that they tend to break n I daily loose so many strands of hair. After that, I put a palmful of HE Twisted Mousse all over, brush it, and scrunch it in. Use a generous amount of moisturizing shampoo and conditioner on your curls. This is super helpful! I’m a blogger+ Youtuber who loves to share helpful step-by-step tutorials and video guides about wavy-curly hair care in India for all budgets! Or just dealing with frizz? Hair have lost their strength and they have become brittle prone to breakage. The paraben- and silicone-free mousse boosts curl patterns, even in humid and damp climates. I can’t see that volume or pop in my hair that I can leave them open. Only 4 steps, easy and affordable budget friendly hair routine. See if your hair needs more moisture and then add accordingly a leave in conditioner or mousse. For the past two months, I have been using just a small amount of mousse in my wet hair and it seems to be working very well! I’m glad you found the blog useful Hiral! If you want more tips about wavy hair care, check out these AWESOME tips by my favourite Wavy Hair Blogger on Instagram! Also, if you are following such a routine, please note that since you comb your hair only once or twice a week as compared to daily before, so the 50-100 hair strands that would shed daily is trapped and will suddenly come out when you wash. Also, be gentle when you condition, always finger detangle before you use a wide comb. International wavies try Sheamoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo, Nature’s Gate various shampoos or Not your Mother’s Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Shampoo. Is that cg approved ? For wavy hair, the method says it’s OK to wash once a week with a shampoo, but to condition both before and after. If you don't know your curl type, you can click here to find out. Accept that fact about your hair & modify your routine accordingly. I’ll update the list. Otherwise, take a look at my simple steps below to start following it for YOUR hair. A post shared by Dominique (she/her) (@powerdomi). The Curly Girl Method (CGM) originated from the book, The Curly Girl Handbook by American curl expert Lorraine Massey, and has gained a loyal following ever since. Examples- DIY- Any normal conditioner+ water in a spray bottle Other ingredients increase manageability and add shine.

curly girl method wavy hair mousse

Mamma Mia On Guitar Easy, Bush's Baked Beans With Ground Turkey, Hill Country Ranches For Sale By Owner, What Is Mercerised Cotton Used For, Gsec Vs Security, Ath-ad700x Vs Shp9500, Cajun Turtle Soup Recipe, Uw Hospital Phone Number, What To Ask For In An Employment Contract,